Sunday, June 29, 2008

ODing on ibuprofen

1. Happy Birthday to my big brother Paul (or as I like to call him, 'Paulie', but he hates that, so I don't recommend it)!!!! He's probably celebrating the day golfing, or breaking a bone, two things he does quite often :)
2. Happy (one day late) Birthday to my oldest friend/Joel's cousin Jill!!! In a way we have her to thank for us getting together, although I don't think she had that in mind at age 9 :) Hope you had a great day Butthead!
3. I'm sure you've all guessed it by now, but I did in fact survive yesterday's frisbee tournament. I don't think I've ever been this sore, however. It's very apparent I haven't played in about a year and a half.

The tourny was really fun; I was on a team that had a lot of solid players who were also very funny and nice, which is a good thing. For most of the day I was the only girl on the team, which meant I had to play a lot. It rained a lot, and was very humid, but thankfully with the rain came clouds for the rest of the day so it wasn't as unbearably hot as it could have been.

Storm clouds rolling in.



What a frisbee player usually subsists on for the day.


Championship team photo!! Yep, we ending up winning the tournament. Yay :) There were only 6 teams, and it was a pretty laid back tournament, but no one else won discs so I still think we're special.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

As noted in a previous comment of mine, you must have been safe because the entire team is guys! Your chances of getting struck by lightning were the same as Paul staying healthy for an entire year...or Chance being more hyper than Macy....it just wasn't in the cards...congrats on winning the tourny!!

Michelle said...

Thanks Mark!

Are guys more likely to be struck by lightning because they're generally taller? Please ask your TV to explain. It'll obviously be the right answer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, last ultimate team you played on had the guys wearing skirts.....you've moved up in caliber at least!!

Way to go honey, am proud of you for being so persistent!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle (Joel, and Chance),
Congrats on the tourney win. I'm enjoying the pictures of FL - keep 'em coming! We (along with Gma and Gpa) just got back from our trip to California. Megan was a ride maniac (big surprise) and loved the California Screamin roller coaster and Tower of Terror rides. She wanted Gma to go with her on the 2nd round. Wouldn't that have been amusing! The big surprise of the trip was Riley riding on Splash Mountain. I had to bribe him with a Buzz Lightyear gun, but I'm paying the price now as it is a very noisy gun!!! We went to SeaWorld with Paul and Meredith. Really enjoyed a part water ride part roller coaster ride called "Journey to Atlantis". Great shows as well! Had lots of fun - will have to share pictures the next time you're up here. For now, I leave you with a Disney joke - Why does Tigger bounce on his tail in the Hundred-acre Woods? Because he doesn't want to step on Pooh!

Jill said...

looks like you're meeting lots of people and having fun! Nice work!

Paul Pucci said...

My comment word verification thing was ufgubbo, that's pretty funny. Miss ya,

Paul