Hey all! Hope your week is going well. Mine has been pretty eventful, and it's only Tuesday! I'll explain in a bit.
This past weekend we were at 'Wedding Camp' (like summer camp only better) for Zach and Gwen's wedding. It was quite hot, but we had a lot of fun. We got to meet a lot of new people - family and friends of the couple - and everyone was super nice and really fun. The YMCA camp is right on a lake so there was a lot of swimming. The water temp was almost as warm as the air though so it was more like taking a bath :) They have some crazy water toys - the most popular seemed to be one called the 'blob'. Basically it's a huge inflatable tube, one person works their way to the far end and then someone jumps from a platform onto the other and person #1 goes flying into the air. Needless to say it was quite entertaining. I was really excited about this, but it didn't go very well unfortunately. I got out to the end, and being the nosy person I am, I glanced back to see who was going to fling me. It was Joel, but he landed just as my head was turned back, so I got a pretty bad case of whiplash going on still. I definitely learned my lesson (which is to avoid large water toys from now on :)
The ceremony was really nice, in the woods on the shore of the lake. I'm so glad we could come back for such an important day for our friends. Towards the end we heard a few thunder rumbles in the distance, but luckily the rain held off (for a while). As we were getting ready to head out to dinner, the tornado warning sirens went off. Uh oh. Radar showed a big storm coming our way. We took cover in the basement of the dining hall. Nothing touched down (by us at least) but it was pretty crazy there for a while - strong wind, lots of lightning really close.
All in all it was a fun and exciting weekend :) Sunday I dropped Joel off at the airport in Atlanta and drove the rest of the way (~5 hours) by myself. I picked up Chance and got home around 11. At 11:30 I had managed to lock myself out of our apartment when I took Chance out to pee. I tried the windows, but nothing was working. A neighbor had their lights on, so I knocked on the door, and God was definitely smiling down on me because it happened to be an engineer who had an interest in lock-picking. I'm not joking. He and his fiancee were super nice; it took quite a while (bad time to find out our apartment is really safe) but he got the lock picked around 1:15am. Not the best way to start a week, but it could have been worse :)
Today Chance is at the vet getting his teeth cleaned. He doesn't chew on things (except carrots), which is great for our furniture but bad for his teeth, so he has some nasty plaque build-up. It'll just be me and him all week; I don't know about Chance but I miss Joel a lot. Wish me luck on all the unpacking!
Oh, and Joel has the camera so I won't have pictures for a while, sorry.
2 comments:
wow, what a crappy experience with the lock....I think you take after your mom, as I've locked the car a few times with the keys still in it!! Glad you have nice neighbors--makes me feel a little better about it all...Get some rest and hope your goodies arrive by mail soon, Love
HI Guys,
Your blog has been very entertaining, I really enjoy reading about all your great adventures. Sounds like you are liking Fl. and staying very busy to say the least. We are still hoping to come visit you sometime, we havn't made our annual trip to Fl. this year yet, I hope we will be able to before the year is over.We have been so busy and the kids are back in school already, maybe fall break?
Some friends of yours were in my store yesterday. Lisa and Federico. They were super nice, we just started some small talk, she said she used to work in the Bankhead, and I asked her if she knew Joel. Turns out they know you both very well. They told me about the wedding they just saw you at, we had a nice chat, and they bought some chocolates!
We miss you both very much, glad you are doing so well, next time you drive thru Al. you better stop in!
Love, Pam
Post a Comment