Monday, August 25, 2008

We're ok

Tropical storm Fay was a slow-mover and she certainly left her mark in Florida. I don’t think we had any more than 8 inches of rain in Gainesville the last 4 days. I guess you’d call that a heavy soaking. But others in Florida were not so fortunate and received way too much - nearly 3 times our total. Looks like more trouble is brewing, too. Well, we are glad to see that it is now soaking the southeast (AL, GA, TN, SC) where they need it the most.

We welcomed a new pastor at our church yesterday. His name is Roger Rockoff and we're excited to have him, wife Cindy, and daughter Carrie here with us. And then we ate a bunch of lasagna.

Things have picked up for Michelle in the lab. I started classes today. Soil....interesting. I knew that 50,000 students were going to be a lot, but daggum!

Pictures of apartment, backyard, church, and our house mascot.






This one's for you Sara.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, he's so cute!! I hope you've genuinely become fond of him, Joel. ;)

I'm glad to hear that you're okay. Hope and pray that all keeps going well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle and Joel,
Glad to hear that you didn't get washed away. We missed you up camping at Firefly. I thought of you, Michelle, as I ate my double scoop of ice cream (one of which would have been yours, but I had to suffer through it) from the Corner Store. Megan was quite the biker for the weekend and Riley took turns on the tag-along behind me and Dan. Speaking of Riley, he started Kindergarten on Monday at one of the local WELS schools. So far he is doing well, other than being nervous every morning to go to school. Megan starts on Tuesday, after our camping trip to Governor Dodge. We're looking forward to meeting Cole (Tammi's baby) for the first time and to seeing how big Brianna has gotten since the last visit. Will be thinking of you again -but this time I'll have an extra S'more in your honor! God bless!
Kathy

Michelle said...

Kathy, I'm continually amazed at the sacrifices you make for me. Ice cream and s'mores? You must love me a lot to take on such hardships :)

I was about to write that I can't believe Riley is already in Kindergarten, but actually I can; that kid is too smart for his own good :) I'm sure once he starts making friends and getting used to school he'll be running out the door every morning.

Give the kids a big hug and kiss for me!
Michelle