It was great to be there again as a young adult last week and still have the opportunity to experience several “firsts”. My official reason for making the trip was the annual ESA conference, my first. I wasn’t disappointed. Willow (Ben and Janna’s), my niece, spoke her first words…to me at least. I got to visit the candy shop where Janna works and eat one of their giant caramel apples for the first time. Thursday was the first time that I listened to my older brother Ben preach a sermon in church. He did a great job with the feeding of the five thousand text. On Friday, I went to my first Brewer game at Miller Park. I think that I saw the Brewers win a game last decade, so I can’t really claim that as a first this past Friday, but they actually are a good team now. A few other thoughts from the game: I wondered if I’d ever see so many young white men playing cornhole again and, in my experience at least, people in the south are much more friendly.
Last week, I also felt my first taste of 60 degree temps since May. Even though it probably made me sick, literally, I was picturing myself in hundreds different places throughout the state. I really enjoy living in the south, but Wisconsin still feels like home. A refreshing swim in Lake Michigan with my cousin Jon, sister Laura, and many-angled Father on Sunday cured me before I flew back to my bride Monday. It is wonderful to be with her again.









1 comment:
Sorry we missed seeing you when you were back home. Love seeing Willow in the adorable dress Michelle knit...she is SO cute. Can't wait to see both of you in fall and catch up on life...
Post a Comment