Thursday, August 28, 2008

Alligator sighting!!

This morning I caught a glimpse of my second alligator! If you remember, gator #1 was barely a sighting, as I only saw it's snout for about 3 seconds before it went under water, but hey, I take what I can get. Gator #2 was spotted from, of all places, the back of a motorcycle. Now that the UF campus is overrun by students (50,000! It still amazes me), buses are much more crowded, and usually late. So I've been catching a ride with Joel a few mornings on his motorcycle. This morning we tried a route that took us through a bit more of campus, past Lake Alice (a pretty good size lake for being in the middle of a college campus) which has trails around it and signs that warn against, yep you guessed it, alligators. The gator I saw as we rode past wasn't very big, I'm going to guess 3 ft. maybe? (I'm really bad at estimating distances, fyi) But this time I saw it's snout, head, and part of its pointy back. 'Pointy' being the scientific term, obviously.

Hope you're enjoying the end of summer/begining of school!

No comments: