Happy 4th of July everyone!
I'm feeling a bit homesick today; this weekend is the annual 'Deerhunter's Campout' on my mom's side, up at Hartman's Creek State Park in WI. We've been doing this for as long as I can remember, and it's always a good time. Swimming, canoeing, campfires, volleyball, and of course mosquito bites. Last year and now this year are the only ones I think I've ever missed. I hope you all have a great time! I'll sure be thinking about you. You and cool, dry air. I miss that too :)
This weekend is turning out to be quite full of events, so at least that's taking my mind off things. Today we'll be going over to our friends Jake and Camila's place for a BBQ; Saturday AM we're going to checkout the local farmer's marker. I wonder what new and crazy Florida produce we'll find there? Then on Sunday one of Joel's fellow grad students invited us to go scalloping. What is this, you might ask? Well, so do I. From what I understand, you canoe or kayak out into the Gulf where it is still very shallow, don some snorkeling gear, and collect scallops from the grasses on the ocean floor. It'll be really fun I'm sure, I'm just a little nervous because it's not out of the question to see small sharks, sting rays, and jellyfish out there. If I remember correctly those are all things that can cause you harm :) We're looking forward to it, and we'll have a full report next week.
And finally, on this, our nation's Independence Day, I can't help but think about those who are fighting to ensure our freedom. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe return. It's also a painful but beautiful reminder of my dear friend Derek, who we lost in Iraq almost a year ago. I miss him terribly, and think about him everyday.
That's all for now. Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend. We miss you!
Love, Michelle
2 comments:
Hey bud....I'm really glad you started this blogging nonsense... it's a nice way for me to get my "Shell-fix" anytime of day or night. I miss you and hope you're having a great time at the cookout this afternoon. Good luck with the scalloping too, I have a feeling that would be a little bit out of my comfort zone. :)
Finally got a chance to check this out. Seems like things are going well with the transition. If Greg gets sent to Florida for training, I'll need to come visit for a few days :)Miss you guys!!
Jill
Post a Comment