Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweat



Sweating doesn't always work here. I mean, it works to make you uncomfortable but not to cool you off. It just doesn't evaporate, as you can see above. Dew points have been in the low to mid 70's since May 1.

Some days, I wonder if I'd be better off panting like a dog. Seems like a better approach to cool down no matter what the relative humidity. Although, some days, if I'm well-rested and well-hydrated, sweating profusely makes me feel strong. Maybe animalistic is a better word, especially when I'm in the field. There's just so much heat and energy in the air during the summer here. It's hard not to get caught up in the boiling pot of water vapor that is the atmosphere above peninsular Florida.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I think you should take the dog panting approach. It's very effective! It's so effective, even Elliot does it!

Dan said...

Also, I believe Clark W Griswald was looking for that word when he was on the Eiffel Tower in European vacation.

Dan said...

Also also, the temp in St Joe will be down to 54 tonight with a dew point of 54. I'll try and send some of that good stuff down your way.

Joel said...

"I want to write, I want to paint, I want to sculpt something massive...aaarrhh....where's the bathroom?"

You can try bud, but I think we're 'doomed' for another month and a half.