And now for the dislikes. We could really only agree on 3 for each state.
What we dislike about...
Florida:
1. The lack of topography. It's so flat, you kind of forget what it is like to sit on a hill or mountiain or whatever and look across the landscape. No plateaus, no bluffs, not even an esker.
2. The heat and humidity. We can handle a bit of this weather (I'm getting better), but 5 months with NO break is too much. On the other hand, 5 months of shoveling snow is too much.
3. Hurricanes.
Alabama:
1. August in Alabama was oppressively hot, at least the 2 that Joel experienced and the 1 that I did.
2. Cockroaches. Along with our little house in the neat historic neighborhood came way too many of these nasty little creatures.
3. The racial disparity in Huntsville and several other parts of the state is still more than subtle.
Wisconsin:
1. Long winter/short growing season.
2. Ferocious mosquitoes, black flies, horse flies, deer flies, etc.
3. Being best known for cheese, beer, and brats. Not that these are bad things, but we know that the state has much more to offer.
Thoughts? Comments? Complaints? :)
Joel's brother Dan and his wife Carrie are arriving tonight for a visit - we can't wait! They'll be with us til Monday AM so we'll catch you on the flip side! Have a wonderful Father's Day!!
2 comments:
Alright. I have to agree with all your dislikes. I can't imagine living through a Hurricane of Cochroaches for 5 months of bitter cold winter....bummer.
Oh, wait, those were 3 differnet states....uh, moving along....I just want to make the small observation that your 3rd dislike of Wisconsin isn't truely a dislike, CHEATERS!
I have some WI dislikes for you to help you out:
1: green, gold, and blaze orange are not fashionably acceptable.
2: bambis hanging in trees.
3: having to wear Deep Woods off to get your mail. (sorry...it deserved two.)
4: Black Ice.
You know I love Wisconsin....just trying to help you out! :)
Post a Comment