Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It IS easy being green

Hey all - This is a post I've been meaning to put up for a while. In case you hadn't noticed it, there is a link on the right hand side of the blog to a site called 'Eco Women: Protectors of the Planet'. It's written by 5 or 6 ladies, but it's a great resource for everyone! Whether or not you agree with all of the data about climate change, I think we all have to admit there are certain practices that are just plain no good for the earth, or for us for that matter - filling up landfills, covering the soil with harmful chemicals, spewing carbon dioxide into the air, and so on (and on and on). I've been really liking this site because it gives simple tips to cut down on waste and live healthier lives that we can all do, no matter what your income level. Heck, most of the tips will even save you money! Who doesn't like that? I have the blog bookmarked, and I think you should too.

Here are a few of my favorite posts (since I've started following it that is; I'm sure there are a lot more):
Joel and I have tried to put a lot of these practices to use. If you don't think one person's contribution matters, or you need a little motivation, just picture the kind of world you want your kids and grandkids to be able to explore and enjoy, and what messes you're leaving for them to clean up.

Ok, jumping off my soapbox now! :) Have a great week!

4 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

Thanks for the link! We started uing reusable bags recently. I LOVE THEM! Not only are they better for the environment, they hold more...easier to carry in to the house when your toting a toddler too!

Recycla the Eco Woman said...

Thanks for the kind mention! We Eco Women do try hard to make going green as easy as possible. Even my elementary school aged daughters remember the cloth shopping bags when we go out!

Dan said...

Thanks Michelle! Even since our visit I'm definately more ecologically minded and am looking for more ways to help out.

Janine A. Turriff said...

Hey Michelle!

Thanks for the tip on this blog! I've been enjoying it!