
Michelle and I spent part of the morning at Payne's Praire on the La Chua trail. William Bartram named this area the 'Alachua savannah' when he traveled through Florida late in the 18th century.

We left Chance at home.


Alachua Lake. Just outside of the savannah is a huge basin (Payne's Praire) littered with sinkholes, littered with gators.

6 of 22 gators visible in this small lake.

Wormwood and wild potato.

Egrets.

Gator and 2 babies.

Crane eating small fish - 12 foot gator behind.


A cloudless morning. We've enjoyed a legitimate cool-down the last several days here, especially at night. It was 55 degrees this morning. The humidity is gone (for now). Our harshest season appears to be over. (Addenum) Chance is digging it, too.
2 comments:
Great pictures, and I love seeing how happy Chance is running his heart out. I can think of a better ending for the video though... :) Can't wait to see you guys in a month!
I love Chance movies.
Post a Comment