Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Idle hands?

Our apologies for the lack of posts this past week. I've been really busy at work, Joel has been really busy with school, and we've both been busy at church. All these things are going very well though, so no complaints.

I have made time for some knitting; I have several gifts on my list and I'm not the world's fastest knitter by any means. I'm also not the world's best staying-focused-on-one-project knitter, hence the multiple knitted items below (I try to stick to 2 items on the needles at a time, but that's not always the case).

A housewarming gift for Dan and Carrie. These washcloths are easy but look complicated, so it's a win-win :)



Recognize this blanket from the Chattanooga post? Almost done!!
The first of many planned Christmas gifts. Yes, I realize it's only September, but it's a long list.


A pile of wood in Florida?? Yep. Believe it or not, we will get some cool nights this 'winter', and since it's always damp here a fire will feel extra nice.


Speaking of 'winter', I've made an observation about the seasons here. In Gainesville you don't have the usual spring/summer/fall/winter. You have early summer/summer/late summer/combination of spring and fall (I'm going to call this sprall, or possibly fing - the funnier word of the two). Fall in Wisconsin might be my favorite time of year, so a high of 92 and a low equal to WI's high has been tough.
Have a great week!
P.S. If you see Cheryl Pucci tomorrow, wish her a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (That's my mom.)

No comments: