Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oops!

Looks like the Zak's skipped October this year. And most of November. Oops! I'll try to make up for it with a really long and non-sensical post. Enjoy!

The highlights of the last 6 weeks include a trip back to WI for myself and Lydia, a bunch of knitting (way to keep procreating friends and family!), a little hiking at a near-by state park, more knitting, a new work schedule, some frisbee, and a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll let the pictures and videos do the talking. You might want to get yourself a snack and find a comfy chair...



I finished these back in August, but I just realized I never posted about them. These were made for the twin girls of my lovely friend Janice, born in October (the girls, not Janice:). I know, I was just as surprised as you are that they were done before the babies were born. I think it's a first (or maybe second, but not much more than that).

Might as well continue on the knitting train of thought for a bit. The next thing I casted on for was a hat, made for baby boy #2 for my Alabamian (now Georgian) friend Cheryl.


Fun side note - her and I and Jill and two other girls, Jana and Kari, were in a 'knitting club' while we were all in Huntsville. We called ourselves the Yarn Balls. Yeah, it was awesome.



Lydia wanted to try it on. And then she didn't want to take it off, and decided to throw a fit when I had to pack it up. Ah toddlers, so generous.



Ok, maybe not always generous, but adorable in that Elmo sweatshirt, no?

Next was a baby sweater, but I forgot to take some pictures before I mailed it off, so stay tuned for that one.

In October Lydia and I snuck up to WI for a short visit. We still squeezed in a fair amount though - some time with Tammi and the kids in Oshkosh, the zo0, a pumpkin patch, and wathcing the Brewers' playoff games in Madison with a good chunk of the Pucci side, then over to Gma and Gpa Zak's and a lunch with my college friends and their babies. It was such a whirlwind that I didn't even get the camera out, just the video camera. Here are a few highlights...









Feeding the goats at the pumpkin patch. Cutest thing ever.



Petting a kitty. Also quite cute.


On a cool Saturday morning earlier this month we threw Lydia in the backpack and went for a hike in Oleno State Park.


Lydia is blurry in this picture because she was either jumping up and down on the support bar or wiggling back and forth to see around my head. It was quite a core workout.

For Thanksgiving we headed down to Orlando. Ben and Janna were going to be spending it with friends there and they were nice enough to let us crash the party. It was a wonderful day spent with family, new friends, good food (especially dessert), and a Packers' win!



Ben and Janna with Ben and Emily, our wonderful hosts. Emily is expecting baby #3 next month. So exciting!



Willow and Shelby, two peas in a pod.



I think we were all a little envious of Clyde's nap :)


Cutie pie Jonah, who took a liking to Lydia. And on the way home, all we heard from the back seat was 'Nonah, nonah, nonah...'

Ben and Emily's parents were there too; wonderful and welcoming folks but alas, no picture.



We hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mom Pucci said...

Love all the pics and updates. Thanks!