Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Zak's visit the Zak's, and some random pictures of Lydia.


This past weekend we took a trip down to Ft. Myers to visit Ben (Joel's brother) and Janna and the kids. We drove through some huge storms, both there and back, during which I tried out my imaginary break pedal and clawed up the door handle. Don't worry, this did not annoy Joel at all (she said sarcastically).
We had lots of fun playing in the yard and just hanging around the house, but we did take one trip to the beach, a must during any visit to that part of Florida. Beeeautiful.
We spent the morning at a beach on Sanibel Island. Ma Pucci, I won't go into detail about the shells, but let's just say Dad wouldn't want you anywhere near this place.



Ah, so relaxing, just what I needed.




Um, excuse me Willow, I'm trying to relax here...



Trying to keep up with big cousins.



Our little water baby. She was definitely mad about leaving.










I'm not sure if this is Clyde's 'camera smile' or he's just really hungry for a snack.



This is the best we could do to get them in a picture together. Note to self - don't wait until the end of the trip when kids are tired and hungry.

We hope to see them several more times while we're all actually in the same state!
Thanks again for having us, Zak's!!

And now, I leave you with some Lydia-pics, who is somewhere around 18 months old in these, give or take.



Will you please put that thing down and take me outside already?!



Much better, thanks.
Fun fact - taking Lydia inside, away from her splash bucket, to get ready for bed, resulted in one of her biggest meltdowns to date. Awesome. Like I said, water baby.



We received some hand-me-down toys from friends at church, including a doctor's kit. Lydia puts the stethoscope around her waist and waddles around the apartment. There's no use in asking why.






This was not staged; she actually prefers to wear her hat this way.

p.s. Way to go Brewers!! Hopefully now we can see you on TV.
p.p.s. This Saturday both Wisconsin/Nebraska and Florida/Alabama are on in primetime. Joel and I are gearing up to fight over the remote. Or I might try to convince him to visit a local sports bar :)

2 comments:

Tammi said...

Great pictures, as always! I'm so excited to see Lydia (and you too I suppose) so soon!

Mom Pucci said...

I think Grandma has to teach her how to use the stethescope on the top half of her body! Love the pics, and I hope you picked me some shells on Sanibel....