Thursday, January 15, 2009

Washington



This is Washington. He is a 15-year-old Ecuadorian mutt. Mike, his owner (also the guy responsible for Ecua-lunch), has taken a two week trip to...yep...Ecuador. We have had the special task of looking after this unfortunate creature.

I say unfortunate for several reasons, the most noticeable of which is that his lower mouth just kind of hangs there. Apparently, he got into a fight earlier in his life where the other dog almost literally bit his mouth off. That's just how it healed up. Michelle loves it when he shakes himself off, sending the drool that has accumulated on that mouth flap flying across the room. When he gets anxious, he licks his mouth flap incessantly. It isn't very attractive.

He just recently had his testicles removed and has since increased in weight by nearly 30%. Oh, and he has no teeth left either, which all basically mean that he is the equivalent of a fat, toothless, mouth-flapping, old man.



Washington is a bad listener, he peed on Chance's head, vomited on our carpet, and peed on our wall (don't tell Michelle), and he blankly stares into the closet in our spare bedroom. It's a little creepy.



He was recently attacked by a pit bull and a rat. See the scars? If I didn't feel such sympathy for him, I would probably have left him with Mike's neighbor, who isn't a dog person by the way, and probably would have left him in a dark corner for two weeks. Yes, Washington makes Chance and his little leakage problem look like a dream.

After tomorrow, Mike returns, so no more Washington. Michelle and I will be celebrating the absence of this pitiful creature.

UPDATED 3:30 pm - Mike and his son Colum are both sick in Ecuador and won't return until next week Wednesday. Michelle and I get another week with Washington!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made me laugh!! Makes Chance look like a Saint...bet he's gonna be glad to see the dog leave too...Puts everything in perspective, huh??? love, MOM

Tammi said...

Oh my goodness! That's amazing, in a not very exciting way. Was he attacked by a pit bull and a rat at the same time? Because that would be amazing, in an unbelievable way. I hope you, and Chance, and your belongings survive one more week.

Anonymous said...

Is this what we all have to look forward to?

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor dog. I pity him without even seeing him.

Anonymous said...

Wow....Evan and I are laughing out loud. That is a love for animals right there. Sorry about the walls.

LOST on Wednesday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I had a good laugh at the do staring into the closet...yes a little creepy!