What to do when you lack the desire to have a regular birthday party?
Invite your neighbors to the park and bring cupcakes. Kids having fun + little work = happy birthday girl and happy mama.
This was one day after her birthday, hence the title, in case you were wondering/cared :)
This was one day after her birthday, hence the title, in case you were wondering/cared :)
Lydia has 2 good friends here at out apartment complex who are a few months older than her, and I'm thankful to have become friends with both moms.
As you can tell it was hard to convince the kids to not touch all of the cupcakes before eating them :)
Despite this face, William and Lydia actually get along very well :) My guess of his inner monologue: You mean we're can't eat until we sing a song? What is this nonsense?
I can't blame him, that's usually what I think at birthday parties, too.
This is Itay (pronounced Ee-tie); he understands Hebrew (from mom), Spanish (from dad), and is learning English. This kid isn't even 2 1/2 and he's already smarter than me.
This is how Lydia and Itay play together: run around screaming, fight over the swings, hug and make up, and then Lydia feels like her personal space is being invaded and starts to cry. Repeat daily.
Adi (mom) sings lots of songs to Lydia in Hebrew and she just loves it.
Here is a list of 'party supplies' that I brought to the park a.k.a. the playground at our complex: cupcakes, sippy cup, wipes, a garbage bag, and my camera. That's right, I'm awesome.
(Please ignore my hair, I'm deep in the awkward-growing-out stage)
These were quite a hit with the kids actually, which made me happy. Elmo cupcakes! I found some decorating ideas on Pinterest (Oreo mouth, Reese's nose, mini-marshmallow and mini-chocolate chip eyes, red sprinkles).
The morning went as planned: start with cupcakes, let the kids run the
sugar off until everyone is crying (which they did, especially Lydia).
Thankfully our neighbors/friends are very understanding :) We're so glad
they celebrated with us!
And later that day, finishing the last 'Elmo cake':
1 comment:
Well, I happen to think you are one AWESOME MOMMA! Those Elmo cupcakes are DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!
In fact, I just spent the morning with our Kiddos at the park, and it was better than Christmas to them! Kid's are EASY to PLEASE! (Sometimes we forget they love the simple things the most)
HAPPY UN-BIRTHDAY to Lydia!!!
Post a Comment