Since the azaleas are in full bloom around here we decided to take a morning off and make the short drive to Ravine Gardens State Park before they went bye-bye for the year. We were back by lunchtime and had a wonderful morning.
Out of the car seat and loving it.
The next two pictures tell the story of Lydia trying to sneak back up the stairs whenever I turn my back. Not even 2 and already trying to get away with whatever she can, sheesh!
A spring-fed stream at the bottom of the ravine (which really isn't very steep at all).
Joel was impressed with the several large magnolia trees we saw; sadly they weren't in bloom quite yet.
The star of the show:
Clever trail names...
One of several suspension bridges.
A little pond and picnic area along the trail; Lydia contemplating a swim.
Um, no....
Cypress knees along the edge of the pond. I like to imagine that when people aren't around, little gnomes and woodland creatures hang out here (yes, I'm almost 30, why do you ask?).
A wide view of the picnic area.
Oh, hello there little fella
Azalea smiley-face :)
Blanketing the hillside - lovely!
Out of the car seat and loving it.
The next two pictures tell the story of Lydia trying to sneak back up the stairs whenever I turn my back. Not even 2 and already trying to get away with whatever she can, sheesh!
A spring-fed stream at the bottom of the ravine (which really isn't very steep at all).
Joel was impressed with the several large magnolia trees we saw; sadly they weren't in bloom quite yet.
The star of the show:
Clever trail names...
One of several suspension bridges.
A little pond and picnic area along the trail; Lydia contemplating a swim.
Um, no....
Cypress knees along the edge of the pond. I like to imagine that when people aren't around, little gnomes and woodland creatures hang out here (yes, I'm almost 30, why do you ask?).
A wide view of the picnic area.
Oh, hello there little fella
Azalea smiley-face :)
Blanketing the hillside - lovely!

No comments:
Post a Comment