The first thing I got to work on was a little dress for Miss Megan, Tammi's child numero dos who was born back in February. I mailed it to her a few weeks ago. See, what did I tell you. Slowly.
Actually, for this one I have somewhat of an excuse. I did start a different project, a teeny little sweater which at least had a chance at being finished in time for Megan's birth, but after I was 1/2 way done I just didn't like how it was turning out. So I frogged it and revisited my trusty sundress pattern. Hopefully it will fit sometime next spring or summer.
Next up was a hat for my good friend Erin's first (yay!!) baby, a boy due shortly! This was also a pattern I had tried before. Hey, stick with what you know, right? (What's that Clyde? Not a fan? Sorry!) And I was really itching to use this color combination; perfect for a Packer fan born in the fall! :)
Good thing the lock-out ended or this would just have been depressing...
I've since casted on for the next project, but no peeking since I think the future owner might read this blog :) Here's a hint: it's another baby item(s). Is it beginning to seem like I have a lot of preggo (or recently preggo) friends? Well, that's because I do. Thinking about all these new babies and knitting tiny little baby things is really, REALLY not helping my own case of baby-fever :) I might need to take a break and knit some potholders or something.
This little cutie also isn't helping...
Still working on those molars.
I'm pretty sure she has been teething for the last 10 months straight. Poor thing :(
She discovered that a laundry basket can provide loads o' fun. Pun intended (that's for you Dad:). Thanks to my Uncle Dan, I already knew that :) Hi Dan!
Excuse me please, I'm having fun here. Do you mind?
This first video is dedicated to my Uncle Wayne and all the years he put up with us using him as a play-thing...
To understand this last one it would help to know that we have 2 books, one which asks the question 'Do dogs moo?', to which Lydia knows to answer 'no' immediately. Same with 'Are you there bunny?' It's pretty funny. She's also been randomly folding her arms and then laughing about it. I don't get the joke, but it's awesome :)
4 comments:
I keep meaning to call you to thank you for the hat! It is so cute!!! You did a great job! We also may or may not have tried it on Finley. :)
Of course dog's don't moo, you're silly mommy!
Uncle Wayne appreciated the dedication and he is proud of you for figuring out how to make the "pop" sound finally after 26 years of trying! GREAT VIDEOS!!! Also, very cute knitting - you got that crafty skill from your mom!
Not to knock your picture taking ability, but I have to say that the dress is even cuter in real life, and I am so excited for Megs to be big enough to wear it!
Post a Comment