We've had plenty of it the last few days. According to the locals, it has been an unusually cool and wet winter here, so the warm sunny weather has felt fantastic. The way it should be here in Florida I suppose. Michelle and I are actually considering 'Sunshine' for the baby's name. What do you think? Sunny Zak. I know, it's so hippie-ish, but it's gender neutral and so....bright. But seriously, among some others, we like Emmett for a boy and Lydia for a girl. We'll save 'Sunshine' for a metaphorical nickname.
We are only a week away from being parents. Michelle kind of messed with my head the other day with the statement, "Joel, we're going to be parents for the rest of our lives!" As true as that is and saving the whole parenting-after-age-20 discussion for another time, I have not been thinking so long-term. My thought process has been, 'OK, what will it be like finishing my PhD and having a little person at the same time?' Lord, help us.
Oh, hello little field mouse. Your life seems so simple.
Here are some more turpentine remnants from the field.
Like I said, it has been a wet winter. Every small and subtle depression at my field site is filled with water. I'm doing a fertilization experiment this spring that might have to wait a couple of extra weeks while these areas poorly drain.
Michelle this past weekend. I guess someone asked her if she was having twins the other day. I don't think she looks that big and I see her without a shirt on. And come on people, isn't that a little rude.
Michelle getting domestic - mittens for a northern friend and homemade pizza conveniently made in the shape of their respective pans.
2 comments:
Happy Belated birthday, Joel!
Sorry to hear that Sunshine is still breech, but you chose the wording from scripture that I would have. The end case scenario is your beautiful child from God!
Love seeing all the pots in your belly pics. Herb garden?
I got the twin comment, too. People are so strange when they see a pregnant lady they don't know.
Joel...you will be amazed at how much you have time for once the baby is born. I have faith in you!
Anyways....we are anxiously awaiting the news of baby Zak and will keep you in our prayers!
Can't wait for 1 more week!! Michelle, I think you look adorable and I wish I could hug baby and see her kick....and Happy Birthday Joel!!
Post a Comment