Today is Joel's birthday.
We don't really exchange gifts or cards or anything for birthdays and anniversaries (or Christmas or Valentine's Day for that matter:) but this birthday he got a pretty special treat I think - seeing our little baby boy or girl! He came along with me to my doctor's appointment this morning; we had an ultrasound done to see if the baby is still breech. Good news - baby is healthy and happy as a clam in there; bad news - it really likes resting its head on my rib cage. Yep, still breech. 'Frank breech' to be more specific, which means it's got itself folded right in half in there, legs straight up against its face. Doesn't sound very comfortable to me, but it's staying like that for a reason apparently. They also checked the amniotic fluid level; mine is ok still, but on the lower end of the normal range, which means the baby has very limited space in which to maneuver. I'm still doing my 'pelvic tilts' and 'inverse inclines' to try to convince the baby that up is down and down is up, but if by this time next week he/she is still being stubborn we're going to become parents around 8:30am Tuesday March 16th! Sure, I'm disappointed that I might not be able to go thru the natural birth process, but dang, either way we'll be bringing home a baby soon, and I can't wait!! :)
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they've brought us such comfort over the last few weeks. And of course don't forget that 'with God all things are possible', so stay tuned!
Oh, and Happy Birthday Joel! :)
2 comments:
To Joel: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Glad to hear mother and child are doing well.
Happy birthday Joel! Can't wait to hear about baby Zak's arrival! You three are in my prayers!
Post a Comment