Saturday, January 30, 2010

Things are happening



Sunrise over live oak and peanut farm. Yesterday, about 5 miles from my research site.

Things are happening amid the normalcy of school of work:

Michelle had an appointment Monday and the baby turned upside down, which is a good thing. I guess it will now do a 6-8 week headstand so it doesn't breech. Yes, I've been learning quite a bit about this baby stuff lately. Michelle has books all over the coffee table and kind of insisted that I watch a documentary called 'the business of being born', which had several live births. Wow.

We ate wild hog last weekend for my labmate's birthday party. He also had some red snapper and cobia. One of few native Floridians that we know fed us quite well. Today, we are going to try the best Thai restaurant in Gainesville. Thanks Tammi!

I've been bugging Michelle to finish 'thank-yous' after the baby showers in WI and here at church. She keeps reminding me to change the oil after all that driving the last 2 months. We nag each other like that.

Last night, I walked Chance in shorts and flip-flops.

Ever hear of Doc Rivers? NBA all-star and coach of the Boston Celtics. His daughter plays volleyball for UF. She was in line in front of me at the grocery store the other day. So I had that going for me.

I saw all kinds of animals yesterday out in the field - bald eagles, blue birds, towhees, an obscene number of warblers, a pygmy rattesnake, a dead dog and a headless hog. Can you spot the bald eagle in the picture below?

7 comments:

Jill said...

This post makes me miss you guys so much! Sounds like you're doing well :)

Tammi said...

I like this random, ADD side of you Joel. :) Enjoy dinner tonight!

Unknown said...

wow, your head must be spinning....love all the info and beautiful sunrise....thanks for sharing and give baby Zak a big kiss for Grandma...

BJ_Mama said...

Sounds like you two have been busy. Glad you're getting some birthing education. :)

Janine said...

The sunrise photo is beautiful! I would enlarge it. Looks like Tiffany stained glass. Awesome silhouettes, too. Well done! Keep growing, baby Zak!

Dan said...

Great sunrise!!! I've loaded it as my desktop background if you don't mind.

Joel said...

Actually, punk...
Kidding. Desktop background away.