Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A city near you

In order to see those handsome little fellas below, we are going to put in some serious windshield time over the next 5 weeks, traveling well over 4000 miles we expect.

But the Saturn is ready to roll, man. New tires and windshield wipers, freshly changed oil, a new bottle jack (I irreparably damaged our old scissors jack changing the oil), and a little tweaking on the coat hanger that has held secure our tailpipe for the last 16 months/7,000 miles. The pride of Spring Hill, TN right there.

Chance has been anxiously waiting by the front door as soon as we pulled out the suitcases today. He's such a trooper when it comes to road trips.

We leave for Falls Church, VA early tomorrow morning. It is exactly 777 miles from our front door to Ben (my older brother) and Janna's front door, which obviously means that this will be a godly trip. Then, it's back to the hinterland for Christmas.

We have made two key purchases this week in preparation for the 65-70 hours that we will spend traveling up and down I-95, I-75, and I-65 before the New Year:

  1. Music. New DBT and DTB albums. Any bandname with 'truck' somehwere in it has got to be good for long road trips, right?
  2. Tech. DC to AC converter. So I can enter a stack of data on the laptop and/or Michelle can watch movies between bathroom breaks.
Safe travels to all this weekend!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Wishing you safe travels and a wonnerful time watching movies in the car!!!

Unknown said...

We sure can't wait to see you guys!! Safe travel and give our love to Ben, Janna, and the kids!