Saturday, May 30, 2009

This and That

Howdy folks! Just wanted to share a few random things today.

Here's the latest knitted object, a baby hat for my very pregnant friend Tammi:



Tammi has a thing for trees, so I thought this pattern with a built-in leaf would be fitting :)


When making tubular type things (like hats or mittens) one method to do this is to use 'double pointed needles', what you see above. These are a bit tricky at first, but fun once you get the hang of it. Don't they look like they could poke your eye out if you're not careful? I'm sure I'll find a way to injure myself knitting one of these days :)

Speaking of injuries, I did hurt myself recently, but playing frisbee, not knitting. Nothing serious, just a badly jammed finger, but here is a lesson you should learn from my mistake - ALWAYS TAKE OFF JEWELRY BEFORE PLAYING SPORTS! Especially if you are a big klutz like me :) That's right, I managed to injure my ring finger while wearing my wedding band. Thankfully the swelling never got so bad that I lost circulataion to that finger.

In other news, I went out to help Joel in the field 2 days over Memorial Day weekend. Let me tell you I have a whole new appreciation for what that guy does so that he can provide for our family some day. After next week almost all of the tough physical labor should be done though, which makes both he and I very happy :) Data collection isn't nearly so straining on the body.

Oh yeah, it was our 2nd anniversary Wednesday, too. We both said it feels like it's been longer than that, but in a good way, if that makes sense :)

I think that's all I've got for now. Next weekend I get to fly back to WI for my good friend Janice's wedding and to see some family and friends. I'm very very excited. Very :) And shortly after that Joel's brother and sister-in-law are coming for a visit - yay! So we'll have a few fun things to report on soon!

Have a great rest of your weekend! Thanks for reading :)

No comments: