Monday, May 4, 2009

New 'do



Yesterday I made the trip to my neighborhood Great Clips and asked a very nice lady to chop off almost all of my hair. This was quite traumatic for me. Well, I thought it was going to be anyway. I've done this twice before (by 'this' I mean donate 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love, or, put another way, being too cheap and lazy to get a haircut for several months), but my hair has always been longer when I got to the point that I wanted it all gone. It's been very summer-y here lately - highs in the upper 80's for over a week now - and you'd be suprised how heavy and warm a head full of hair can make you - something my dad will never have to worry about *Zing!*. Sorry Dad, couldn't resist.


I actually really like how it turned out. Much lighter and healthier, and my showers last half as long now. I'll probably keep it relatively short while we're in FL, it's just so much easier this way. But it still doesn't like humidity. Dang.



P.s. Shhh, don't tell Chance, but he'll be getting a summer haircut soon too. We're prepared for the fact that he probably won't like us very much for a while after we let a stranger near him with a buzzer.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see you three! :)

Mom said...

I think you look adorable...and Chance will too after he's trimmed up! (PS-Dad just got a haircut but didn't have quite enough for Locks of Love!)

Polly said...

I love the new hair!!! I really enjoy your blog. I can't wait to see you at Janice's wedding!!!