Friday, February 13, 2009

Three week catch-up

And we're back. Here's a brief recap of the last few weeks...


Michelle has been knitting her bootie(s) off and playing a good bit of ultimate frisbee.


My Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa Zak came to visit us last week. I told my Dad that if he misbehaved, I would make him clear palmetto, wiregrass, and wax myrtle all day.


In fact, I put him and my Grandpa to work, measuring trees like this gnarly old longleaf pine. I'm in the middle of installing an experiment related to my PhD work. Thanks guys!


We all enjoyed some time at the beach, Mom and Dad with their shoes off. Crazy northerners!


Grandma, Grandpa, and myself were not as bold.


We visited Manatee Springs and actually saw 2 manatees.


They were kind of close to this Ibis, but not really. This was the only picture taken in the vicinity of those bizzare animals.


We Zak men have our hands in our pockets because it was cold. Unfortunately, it was cold most of their visit. Sorry family, hope you still had fun. We enjoyed having you!

On Tuesday, Michelle and I celebrated Valentine's Day early by getting dinner at the Mellow Mushroom thanks to Mark and Leah's Christmas present (excellent idea guys:) and seeing the Old Crow Medicine Show here in town. Nothing like old-timey folk/country music to put you in the mood.

We hope and pray all is well with you. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Tammi said...

Well it's about time! ;) Great pictures, as always.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new picture on your site! What a great use of light! And the booties are adorable. Yours? :)