Today is a very sad day for Joel and I. We're saying goodbye to our sweet Chance for about a year.
This summer we're planning to move onto campus where they have graduate student housing for much (much) cheaper than off-campus housing like the apartment we're in now. Couple that with the fact that we'd be a 5-minute bike/bus ride from work as opposed to a 15 min car ride/30-40 minute bus ride, and it's a situation that makes too much sense to pass up (especially now that Lydia is here).

The down side is that campus housing doesn't allow pets. Thankfully Chance is going to spend his year away with very capable and loving people, Joel's folks. This makes us feel a lot better, even though we're going to miss him like crazy.

I mean, who wouldn't?

We'll get to see him this summer and at Christmas-time, and he'll be with us again after Joel graduates and we find out where God will lead us next, but our days will seem a little, actually a lot less sunny without him around.
3 comments:
Aww.... So, apparently my hormones are in overdrive today because I nearly teared up reading this. I'm sending a long distance hug your way!
Chance was a great traveller and very excited to explore all the new smells in Wisconsin! And pee on every bush and tree in our yard. Will be going to Gma/Gpa Zak's tomorrow but plan on taking him camping to play with his buddy Macy!!
awww... that must be so hard. I'm sure you will miss him, but he'll be in good hands!
Post a Comment