Howdy folks! We took the opportunity to see another band on campus Wednesday night - students ticket prices are a great deal, and apparently if you only glance at my ID you assume I am a student and not staff, which I actually am. Oops :)
The Punch Brothers have been called 'progressive bluegrass', but they're that and much more. The instruments are bluegrass-y (look it up, I dare you), but they played what you call folk, some blues type stuff, and a 4-movement classical piece written by the brilliant Chris Thile, leader of the band (some of you might know him from his former band, Nickelcreek). All of it was spectacular. And they seem like really nice guys, even joking around with the audience. It's always easier to like a band if they're not jerks, in my opinion. We sat next to an elderly couple who were just there cause they had season tickets; I don't remember them clapping once or showing any emotion of any kind. It was kind of amusing.
I couldn't find any high quality videos, so you'll have to settle for these. The audio isn't bad at least.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment