Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lost in translation

A collection of videos for you today. 
There are some words/phrases that Lydia has put her own twist on as she's been learning and speaking more and more over the last several months. She's already outgrown most of these, so I'm glad we caught them on camera when we did. Toddlers are so so fun, aren't they? (Usually) We are always entertained by this little girl.

This was back in November (so that would make her... doing some quick math here... 20 months or so). For the longest time she called yogurt 'nogi'. 


I didn't get all of these on video, but for a while she would put the 'ie' sound at the end of most words. So cup would become 'cuppie', sock was 'sockie', when she wanted to be picked up she would say 'uppie', and so forth. Another favorite from around this time was 'swark'; it took me about a week to figure out she was saying 'fork'. Oops.

One from January (22 months); she went through a phase where any word that started with 'p' (and some 'b' words) she would add the raspberry sound at the start. It'll make more sense once you watch this....




Back in March; she actually gets this one right, but it's still pretty cute to hear her say 'barbeque' over and over :)




Earlier this month; I finally saw the latest Muppet movie and had the 'mahna mahna' song in my head, so naturally I taught it to Lydia, or tried to anyway.



No comments: